-   -   sorting ranges of various column lengths, lookup values in columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/230894-sorting-ranges-various-column-lengths-lookup-values-columns.html)

mrphinney

sorting ranges of various column lengths, lookup values in columns

I work in Excel 2003. I have part numbers and work centers that repeat, with
various column lengths. The PN-WC combinations are repeated for each work
order issued for each part. I concatenate to find and filter to unique PN-WC
combinations. Then I need to identify, for each part number, the work center
(5th column below) with the largest set-up (3rd column) and the WC with the
largest cycle time (4th column). I do not know how to use the unique PN-WC
combination to find the corresponding max value in the third and fourth
column, to return the value in the 5th column(WC). Once again, the ranges in
my data vary. A PN may have only one order and one WC, or it may have many
orders, and as many as 5 operations at 5 work centers. (Column 2 is the
operation number, for each PN.)

011002394 2201 0.00 0.00 61316
102005050 2100 1.10 0.06 61510
102005050 2150 0.00 0.00 61303
102005050 2200 1.50 0.12 61311
102005050 2400 0.00 0.35 61303
107027037 2050 0.00 0.00 61302
107027037 2100 0.66 0.05 61317
107027086 0050 0.00 0.00 61302
107027086 1000 1.00 0.17 61317
107027086 2000 0.00 0.00 61306

Thank you for any assistance/guidance you might provide.