-   -   Count Number of Rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/230861-count-number-rows.html)

Hoffma

Count Number of Rows

I filtered non-numerical data in a spreadsheet and need to count the number
of remaining rows. The row numbers are not in order due to filtering. What
is an easy way to count the number of rows remaining? COUNTA doesn't work.

Harlan Grove[_2_]

Count Number of Rows

Hoffma wrote...
I filtered non-numerical data in a spreadsheet and need to count the number
of remaining rows. *The row numbers are not in order due to filtering. *What
is an easy way to count the number of rows remaining? *COUNTA doesn't work. *

Pick a column that always has something in it, and use =SUBTOTAL
(3,your_column_ref_here).

CLR

Count Number of Rows

Assuming you already know the total number of Rows, the SUBTOTAL formula will
give you a COUNTA of just the VISIBLE (ie filtered) cells. Then you can just
subtract the filtered number from the total.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3