-   -   Estimating Stock Trading Range From Historical Volatility (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/230682-estimating-stock-trading-range-historical-volatility.html)

Carl

Estimating Stock Trading Range From Historical Volatility

I have a list of stocks and their historical volatilities. Is there a formula
that can be used in excel which could estimate the trading range of the stock
for a given day ?

Thank you in advance.

Don Guillett

Estimating Stock Trading Range From Historical Volatility

That same formula failed on selecting the winning horse in the Kentucky
Derby.
And, to get closer to what I used to do, it also failed to predict Brawn
racing's success this year.
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"carl" wrote in message
I have a list of stocks and their historical volatilities. Is there a
formula
that can be used in excel which could estimate the trading range of the
stock
for a given day ?

Thank you in advance.

Carl

Estimating Stock Trading Range From Historical Volatility

Thanks Don.

I won't put to much on the line then.

Do you have any suggestions regarding a formula to try in excel ?

"carl" wrote in message
I have a list of stocks and their historical volatilities. Is there a
formula
that can be used in excel which could estimate the trading range of the
stock
for a given day ?

Thank you in advance.

Don Guillett

Estimating Stock Trading Range From Historical Volatility

I was once a Regional Manager for ING (yellow lion) and learned a long time
ago not to try this. I write custom excel projects, many financial, but
won't do this. I don't want the blame.
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel