-   -   Check for error.type in same cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/230659-check-error-type-same-cell.html)

Art

Check for error.type in same cell

Hello all:

Is it possible to use the formula Error.type to check if the cell has a
certain error? So, for example, in cell A1 I start with =if(error.type("the
cell itself with a formula")= 6, "yes","no"). Is this possible? To check for
the cell itself if the result of the formula results in an error it should
result to yes or no.

Thanks.

Art.

Jacob Skaria

Check for error.type in same cell

You can check whether the formula returns an error or not..

=IF(ISERROR(<formula),"",<formula)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"art" wrote:

Hello all:

Is it possible to use the formula Error.type to check if the cell has a
certain error? So, for example, in cell A1 I start with =if(error.type("the
cell itself with a formula")= 6, "yes","no"). Is this possible? To check for
the cell itself if the result of the formula results in an error it should
result to yes or no.

Thanks.

Art.

T. Valko

Check for error.type in same cell

Try this:

=IF(ISERROR(A1),IF(ERROR.TYPE(A1)=6,"Yes","No"),"" )

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP