-   -   Conditional Formatting, multiple conditions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/230483-conditional-formatting-multiple-conditions.html)

Wanda

Conditional Formatting, multiple conditions

Help! I'm using Excel 2007. I'm comparing old rates and tiers on a type of
account to the new rates and tiers. Part of my worksheet is as below:

A B C D
1 Account OldCutoff1 OldRate1 NewCutoff1 NewRate1
2 OldCutoff2 OldRate2 NewCutoff2 NewRate2
3 OldCutoff3 OldRate3 NewCutoff3 NewRate3
4 OldCutoff4 OldRate4 NewCutoff4 NewRate4

A1:A4 is merged into one cell. I would like to conditionally format
(highlight) this cell if any of the newcutoffs or rates are different than
the corresponding old cutoffs or rates. Should I do "if B1<D1 OR C1<E1 OR
B2<D2 etc." or "if B1=D1 AND C1=E1 AND B2=D2 etc"??

I tried doing something like adding everything together into a unneccessary
total, then comparing the 2 totals, but that wouldn't work in the case of one
rate or cutoff going up by the same amount that another rate or cutoff
decreased.

As always, any assistance is appreciated!

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

Conditional Formatting, multiple conditions

You do not need an IF formula; but a formula that evaluates to either True
or FALSE
Select he cells in the A column, I will assume the first one is A1.
One the conditional format dialog and use this formula
=OR(B1<D1,C1<E1)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme

[...]