Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Time & Date Formulas

I have a date (example: 4/1/2009) in cell A3. When I enter a date, I want the
cell B3 to populate with the corresponding day. In this case it would be
Wednesday. What is the formula to accomplish this?

Also, I have to enter a time in J2 (example: 10:56am) - (Not sure if this
matters, but it must be entered without the space and the am or pm in
lowercase) I want a formula to populate K2 in increments of 30 minutes. So,
when I enter 10:56am, I want K2 to display 10:30a - 11a (Exactly like that) -
If I enter 1:15am, I want it to display, 1am - 1:30am)

Would someone please help me with this?
Thanks, Karen