-   -   TOTAL OF A RANGE SHOULD BE (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/230295-total-range-should.html)

JOSEPH WEBER

TOTAL OF A RANGE SHOULD BE

Is there a function or formula that can calculate which numbers add up to
another. for example:

5
6
7
8

I want the combination of numbers that will give me 21. In other words I
know what the answer should be, just need to find out which combination of
numbers will give me the answer.

Gary''s Student

TOTAL OF A RANGE SHOULD BE

see:

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/te...ues/index.html
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200852

"JOSEPH WEBER" wrote:

Is there a function or formula that can calculate which numbers add up to
another. for example:

5
6
7
8

I want the combination of numbers that will give me 21. In other words I
know what the answer should be, just need to find out which combination of
numbers will give me the answer.

Harlan Grove[_2_]

TOTAL OF A RANGE SHOULD BE

JOSEPH WEBER wrote...
Is there a function or formula that can calculate which numbers add up to
another. *for example:

5
6
7
8

I want the combination of numbers that will give me 21. *In other words I
know what the answer should be, just need to find out which combination of
numbers will give me the answer.

No function or formula can do this. You need to use Solver or VBA.
Here's a link to a VBA approach.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...19858047398beb

Francis[_2_]

TOTAL OF A RANGE SHOULD BE

Excel function and formula can't do this, try using the Solver solution

see this link, a solver solution provided by Peo Sjoblom

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic... ublic.excel.*
--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another