-   -   macro protection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/230237-macro-protection.html)

Lois

macro protection

Hi!

Is it possible to protect a macro to prohibit people to run it?
--
Lois

Jacob Skaria

macro protection

May be you can ask for a password within the macro...

I assume you know how to protect VBE..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Lois" wrote:

Hi!

Is it possible to protect a macro to prohibit people to run it?
--
Lois

Lois

macro protection

I can protect the viewing of the macro, however i am wondering if i can
prohibit the RUNNING of it??
--
Lois

"Lois" wrote:

Hi!

Is it possible to protect a macro to prohibit people to run it?
--
Lois

Jacob Skaria

macro protection

1. You can get the user name using the below and then match it aganist a set
of users who need to use your macros. So within the macro you can 'End' the
procedure if the user is not valid.
strUserName = Environ("Username")

2. Within the macro itself (in the beiginning of the procedure) you can ask
the user to enter a password and validate whether the user is allowed to...

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria