-   -   countif = to (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/230127-countif-%3D.html)

ComoAdam

countif = to

I have a sheet with name in column A and values in column B. Every 4 rows it
repeats. Each 4 row seccion is a new day. EX
DAY 1
Tim 3
Jim 2
Dan 1
DAY 2
Tim 2
Jim 3
Dan 1
And so on and so on. My question is, I would like to count the # of days
Tim = 3 for a months time. Is the countif function my best option? And how
do I enter a range of cells so that it only counts Tim's #. IE
B2,B6,B10,... ?
Thanks in advance for any help

Jacob Skaria

countif = to

=COUNTIF(A:A,"Tim")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"ComoAdam" wrote:

I have a sheet with name in column A and values in column B. Every 4 rows it
repeats. Each 4 row seccion is a new day. EX
DAY 1
Tim 3
Jim 2
Dan 1
DAY 2
Tim 2
Jim 3
Dan 1
And so on and so on. My question is, I would like to count the # of days
Tim = 3 for a months time. Is the countif function my best option? And how
do I enter a range of cells so that it only counts Tim's #. IE
B2,B6,B10,... ?
Thanks in advance for any help

Luke M

countif = to

You can use SUMPRODUCT to evaluate multiple criteria.

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A100="Tim")*(B2:B100=3))

Note that you can't callout the entire column (A:A) and the array sizes need
to be equal.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M