-   -   Calculate End Date (excluding weekends and holidays) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/230052-calculate-end-date-excluding-weekends-holidays.html)

guitaronmyback

Calculate End Date (excluding weekends and holidays)

Hello,

I have a start days and a number (representing days for a given project). I
want to calculate the end date and exclude weekends and certain holidays.

Is this possible?

Thank you

Domenic[_2_]

Calculate End Date (excluding weekends and holidays)

In article ,
guitaronmyback wrote:

Hello,

I have a start days and a number (representing days for a given project). I
want to calculate the end date and exclude weekends and certain holidays.

Is this possible?

Thank you

Have a look at the WORKDAY function...

--
Domenic
http://www.xl-central.com

Mike H

Calculate End Date (excluding weekends and holidays)

Hi,

Try this

=WORKDAY(B1,25,Holidays)

Where

B1=start date
25 is the days for the project
Holidays is a named range containing holoiday dates.

Mike

"guitaronmyback" wrote:

Hello,

I have a start days and a number (representing days for a given project). I
want to calculate the end date and exclude weekends and certain holidays.

Is this possible?

Thank you

guitaronmyback

Calculate End Date (excluding weekends and holidays)

Thank you for the tip, but I got the #name? as a result

"guitaronmyback" wrote:

Hello,

I have a start days and a number (representing days for a given project). I
want to calculate the end date and exclude weekends and certain holidays.

Is this possible?

Thank you

Rick Rothstein

Calculate End Date (excluding weekends and holidays)

The WORKDAY function requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in to be loaded.
Click Tools/Add-Ins from Excel's menu bar and put a check mark next to the
Analysis ToolPak item.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"guitaronmyback" wrote:

Hello,

I have a start days and a number (representing days for a given
project). I
want to calculate the end date and exclude weekends and certain
holidays.

Is this possible?

Thank you

guitaronmyback

Calculate End Date (excluding weekends and holidays)

It worked, but it seemed to add an extra day....10 workdays, starts on a
Monday and the final date was a Monday, when it should be a Friday....any way
of fixing that?

"guitaronmyback" wrote:

Hello,

I have a start days and a number (representing days for a given
project). I
want to calculate the end date and exclude weekends and certain
holidays.

Is this possible?

Thank you

Rick Rothstein

Calculate End Date (excluding weekends and holidays)

Subtract 1... the difference is because you are thinking "counting numbers"
as opposed to "subtraction of two numbers"... 1, 2, 3, 4 5 is five counting
numbers but the difference between 1 and 5 is four.