-   -   variable in data validation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/229508-variable-data-validation.html)

Mike.ONeal

variable in data validation

I want to create a data validation where I can specify the month in one
column and in the next column, look up the dates for that month. To further
explain, I have 12 named ranges, January-December (on a seprate worksheet).
Can I set cell A1 to January and the data validation in B1 will lookup the
dates for January. Change A1 to February and then it will lookup dates for
February?

--
Mike O.

Jacob Skaria

variable in data validation

Refer the below link on dependant lists

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Mike.ONeal" wrote:

I want to create a data validation where I can specify the month in one
column and in the next column, look up the dates for that month. To further
explain, I have 12 named ranges, January-December (on a seprate worksheet).
Can I set cell A1 to January and the data validation in B1 will lookup the
dates for January. Change A1 to February and then it will lookup dates for
February?

--
Mike O.

Luke M

variable in data validation

Take a look at Dynamic Validation (sounds like you've got the setup ready
already!)

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataval02.html
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Mike.ONeal" wrote:

I want to create a data validation where I can specify the month in one
column and in the next column, look up the dates for that month. To further
explain, I have 12 named ranges, January-December (on a seprate worksheet).
Can I set cell A1 to January and the data validation in B1 will lookup the
dates for January. Change A1 to February and then it will lookup dates for
February?

--
Mike O.

Mike.ONeal

variable in data validation

Jacob,

Thank you very much. This did the trick.
--
Mike O.

"Mike.ONeal" wrote:

I want to create a data validation where I can specify the month in one
column and in the next column, look up the dates for that month. To further
explain, I have 12 named ranges, January-December (on a seprate worksheet).
Can I set cell A1 to January and the data validation in B1 will lookup the
dates for January. Change A1 to February and then it will lookup dates for
February?

--
Mike O.

Mike.ONeal

variable in data validation

Thanks for the help. This did the trick!
--
Mike O.