-   -   if then statements (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/229435-if-then-statements.html)

BC

if then statements

Based on a financial condition calculated in a cell, I either want to display
an alpha numberic result or want to run another calculation and show that
result in the cell. How is that done?

Conan Kelly

if then statements

BC

=IF(financial condition calculated in a cell, alpha numberic result, run
another calculation and show that result in the cell)

for example:

=IF(A110,"Your financial condition is true",A1*8.5)

or

=IF(A110,A1*7.5,"Your financial condition is false")

HTH,

Conan Kelly

"BC" wrote in message
Based on a financial condition calculated in a cell, I either want to
display
an alpha numberic result or want to run another calculation and show that
result in the cell. How is that done?

PJFry

if then statements

=IF(A1="Something","Alphanumeric",calculation here)

PJ