Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Trailing zeros

https://www.microsoft.com/office/com...dad&sloc=en-us

This previous thread kinda touched on a solution to the problem of showing
trailing zeros, but the values I want to show are further used in other
succeeding formulae; is converting to TEXT (as was explained) the way to show
"significant digits"? or am I not understanding the use of TEXT

Here's what I'd like to do...
divide D31 by E31, take that number to 2 significant digits following the
decimal point, then add " : 1" as a text string without dropping the final
zero(s) if there happen to be any in the division.

In one case, D31 = 16, and E31 = 3

Here's what I have so far.....

=ROUND(D31/E31,2)&" : 1"

I get the results I'm looking for.... 5.33 : 1

However, when using (different cell values) D33 = 16 and E33 = 5

and =ROUND(D33/E33,2)&" : 1"

I get...... 3.2 : 1

How can I get the zero behind 3.2 and any other results to 2 places past the
decimal?