-   -   Hide Alternate Rows temporarily to Edit worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/229262-hide-alternate-rows-temporarily-edit-worksheet.html)

Bridget~

Hide Alternate Rows temporarily to Edit worksheet

I am trying to figure out how to hide every other row temporarily (rows 2, 4,
6, etc) so I can edit remaining data in columns that only affect rows 1, 3,
5, etc. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance!

Dowitch

Hide Alternate Rows temporarily to Edit worksheet

I would create a new column and number each row alternately (1,2) or ( ,1)
then filter for whichever row you want to look at.

"Bridget~" wrote:

I am trying to figure out how to hide every other row temporarily (rows 2, 4,
6, etc) so I can edit remaining data in columns that only affect rows 1, 3,
5, etc. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance!

Luke M

Hide Alternate Rows temporarily to Edit worksheet

You could try this (not exact solution). In a helper column, input formula
=MOD(ROW(),2)
and copy down.
Now do an AutoFilter on this column for either 0 or 1, depending on which
rows you want to keep.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M