-   -   Multiple selections from a drop down list in Excel... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/22919-multiple-selections-drop-down-list-excel.html)

JMW

Multiple selections from a drop down list in Excel...

How do I allow users to select multiple options in a drop down list in Excel?
My drop dow list contains: RED, BLUE, GREEN, YELLOW
and users need to select 1-3 of the color selections.

Debra Dalgleish

You can do this with programming. There's a sample file he

Under Data Validation, look for 'Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Steve Plunkett

Multiple selections from a drop down list in Excel...

I have used this code and I love it. However when I try to delete or change
the selected items I get an error. Is there a way to clear the selection box
using this code? Perhaps some code that would allow me to select a cell and
press delete to clear the cell.
Thanks in advance for your help.

JMW wrote:
How do I allow users to select multiple options in a drop down list in Excel?
My drop dow list contains: RED, BLUE, GREEN, YELLOW
and users need to select 1-3 of the color selections.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

JMW

Multiple selections from a drop down list in Excel...

Add a blank cell to the selection list. This will allow you to clear a
previous selection and then re-select another choice from the list.