-   -   Calculating Dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/229151-calculating-dates.html)

brewster56

Calculating Dates

I would like to have Excel add 7 days to a starting date and display that in
a Date format. What I am doing is scheduling something every week on the
same day and didn't want to constantly go to the calendar and look up the
following weeks date.

Is this even possible ?

Jacob Skaria

Calculating Dates

If A1 = Start date

B1=A1+7

and format B1 to Date

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"brewster56" wrote:

I would like to have Excel add 7 days to a starting date and display that in
a Date format. What I am doing is scheduling something every week on the
same day and didn't want to constantly go to the calendar and look up the
following weeks date.

Is this even possible ?

Glenn

Calculating Dates

brewster56 wrote:
I would like to have Excel add 7 days to a starting date and display that in
a Date format. What I am doing is scheduling something every week on the
same day and didn't want to constantly go to the calendar and look up the
following weeks date.

Is this even possible ?

Look at "Add dates" in the help file.

brewster56

Calculating Dates

WOW - I would never have thought of that or thought that it could be that
simple. THANK YOU !!!!!

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

If A1 = Start date

B1=A1+7

and format B1 to Date

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"brewster56" wrote:

I would like to have Excel add 7 days to a starting date and display that in
a Date format. What I am doing is scheduling something every week on the
same day and didn't want to constantly go to the calendar and look up the
following weeks date.

Is this even possible ?

brewster56

Calculating Dates

Thanks Glenn - I didn't know to look there as something like 'Add Dates'.
Lots of great examples - thank you very much !