-   -   Conditional lookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/229116-conditional-lookup.html)

Pawan

Conditional lookup

Is there any conditional lookup/Vlookup function ?

Sa if I want to lookup the value for person A's expenditures in whole
financial year from next sheet. that is the data is for every month starting
from March to April of next year.

I want to lookup every value related to "A" in sheet 1 of the workbook

Say if the data is like this

Name of the deductee Amount paid Date of Payment
A 1.00 30-Apr-08
B 2.00 30-Apr-08
C 3.00 30-Apr-08
D 4.00 30-Apr-08
E 5.00 30-Apr-08
F 6.00 30-Apr-08
G 7.00 30-Apr-08
H 8.00 30-Apr-08
I 9.00 7-Apr-08
A 10.00 31-May-08
B 11.00 31-May-08
C 12.00 31-May-08
D 13.00 31-May-08
E 14.00 31-May-08
F 15.00 31-May-08
G 16.00 31-May-08
J 17.00 7-May-08
A 18.00 30-Jun-08
B 19.00 30-Jun-08
C 20.00 30-Jun-08
D 21.00 30-Jun-08
E 22.00 30-Jun-08
F 23.00 30-Jun-08
J 24.00 4-Jun-08
B 25.00 30-Jun-08
K 26.00 4-Jun-08
I 27.00 25-Jun-08
J 28.00 7-Jul-08
A 29.00 31-Jul-08
C 30.00 31-Jul-08
D 31.00 31-Jul-08
E 32.00 31-Jul-08
F 33.00 31-Jul-08

waiting for solution

regards
Pawan

Jacob Skaria

Conditional lookup

Use SUMIF(). Please try and feedback

Sheet1 Col A = Name
Sheet1 Col B = Amount

=SUMIF(Sheet1!A:A,"A",Sheet1!B:B)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Pawan" wrote:

[...]

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

Conditional lookup

Hi,

you can also create a simple pivot table with name in the row field area ,
Date in the column field area and amount in the data area

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com