-   -   Help with formula to round up to next higher multiple of 5 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/229095-help-formula-round-up-next-higher-multiple-5-a.html)

LarryUSCGMWR

Help with formula to round up to next higher multiple of 5

Hi,

I am looking for a quick formula that can take a number and round it up to
the next higher integer that is a multiple of 5. Does anyone have a formula
for this. You can email me at with any suggestions.

Thanks

Jacob Skaria

Help with formula to round up to next higher multiple of 5

Try the below formula with your value in A1

=IF(MOD(A1,5)=0,A1,A1+(5-MOD(A1,5)))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"LarryUSCGMWR" wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for a quick formula that can take a number and round it up to
the next higher integer that is a multiple of 5. Does anyone have a formula
for this. You can email me at with any suggestions.

Thanks

T. Valko

Help with formula to round up to next higher multiple of 5

Try this:

=CEILING(A1,5)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"LarryUSCGMWR" wrote in message

I am looking for a quick formula that can take a number and round it up to
the next higher integer that is a multiple of 5. Does anyone have a
formula
for this. You can email me at with any suggestions.

Thanks

joeu2004

"LarryUSCGMWR" wrote:
I am looking for a quick formula that can take a number and round it up to
the next higher integer that is a multiple of 5. Does anyone have a
formula
for this.

Ostensibly:

=ceiling(A1,5)

However, be careful about confusing displayed values v. actual underlying
values. Suppose your cell is formatted as Number with 0 decimal places, and
it displays as 5. You might be surprised if CEILING(A1,5) results in 10
because the underlying value is really 5.1.