Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pick up some text in a cell

Dear Expert,

Want to extract 3 letters after /, in this case, the answer should be JPY.

EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20 MIO
AUD/JPY SHORT AUD 1 MIO
USD/JPY SHORT USD 1 MIO
Can ?
Thanks
Elton

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi David,
If this time, I want to capture the 3 letters in front of mio please ?'
EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20 MIO
AUD/JPY SHORT AUD 1 MIO
USD/JPY SHORT USD 1 MIO
In this case, it should be 20, 1, 1 in each each.
Thanks
Elton

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=MID(A2,FIND("/",A2)+1,3)
--
David Biddulph

"Elton Law" wrote in message
Dear Expert,

Want to extract 3 letters after /, in this case, the answer should be JPY.

EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20 MIO
AUD/JPY SHORT AUD 1 MIO
USD/JPY SHORT USD 1 MIO
Can ?
Thanks
Elton

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this

=1*MID(C11,MIN(SEARCH({0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},C11&"0 123456789")),SEARCH("
",C11,MIN(SEARCH({0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},C11&"012345 6789")))-MIN(SEARCH({0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},C11&"0123456789") ))

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Elton Law" wrote in message
Hi David,
If this time, I want to capture the 3 letters in front of mio please ?'
EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20 MIO
AUD/JPY SHORT AUD 1 MIO
USD/JPY SHORT USD 1 MIO
In this case, it should be 20, 1, 1 in each each.
Thanks
Elton

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=MID(A2,FIND("/",A2)+1,3)
--
David Biddulph

"Elton Law" wrote in message
Dear Expert,

Want to extract 3 letters after /, in this case, the answer should be
JPY.

EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20 MIO
AUD/JPY SHORT AUD 1 MIO
USD/JPY SHORT USD 1 MIO
Can ?
Thanks
Elton

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:
=--TRIM(MID(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",REPT(" ",99)),277,99))

copy down

"Elton Law" wrote:

Hi David,
If this time, I want to capture the 3 letters in front of mio please ?'
EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20 MIO
AUD/JPY SHORT AUD 1 MIO
USD/JPY SHORT USD 1 MIO
In this case, it should be 20, 1, 1 in each each.
Thanks
Elton

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=MID(A2,FIND("/",A2)+1,3)
--
David Biddulph

"Elton Law" wrote in message
Dear Expert,

Want to extract 3 letters after /, in this case, the answer should be JPY.

EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20 MIO
AUD/JPY SHORT AUD 1 MIO
USD/JPY SHORT USD 1 MIO
Can ?
Thanks
Elton

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Your formula returns incorrect value with this example

EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20000 MIO

=MID(A1,FIND("MIO",A1)-3,3)

"Glenn" wrote:

=MID(A1,FIND("MIO",A1)-3,3)

Elton Law wrote:
Hi David,
If this time, I want to capture the 3 letters in front of mio please ?'
EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20 MIO
AUD/JPY SHORT AUD 1 MIO
USD/JPY SHORT USD 1 MIO
In this case, it should be 20, 1, 1 in each each.
Thanks
Elton

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=MID(A2,FIND("/",A2)+1,3)
--
David Biddulph

"Elton Law" wrote in message
Dear Expert,

Want to extract 3 letters after /, in this case, the answer should be JPY.

EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20 MIO
AUD/JPY SHORT AUD 1 MIO
USD/JPY SHORT USD 1 MIO
Can ?
Thanks
Elton

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=MID(A1,FIND("MIO",A1)-3,3)

Elton Law wrote:
Hi David,
If this time, I want to capture the 3 letters in front of mio please ?'
EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20 MIO
AUD/JPY SHORT AUD 1 MIO
USD/JPY SHORT USD 1 MIO
In this case, it should be 20, 1, 1 in each each.
Thanks
Elton

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=MID(A2,FIND("/",A2)+1,3)
--
David Biddulph

"Elton Law" wrote in message
Dear Expert,

Want to extract 3 letters after /, in this case, the answer should be JPY.

EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20 MIO
AUD/JPY SHORT AUD 1 MIO
USD/JPY SHORT USD 1 MIO
Can ?
Thanks
Elton

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

tks all ... all are super stars !

"Teethless mama" wrote:

Your formula returns incorrect value with this example

EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20000 MIO

=MID(A1,FIND("MIO",A1)-3,3)

"Glenn" wrote:

=MID(A1,FIND("MIO",A1)-3,3)

Elton Law wrote:
Hi David,
If this time, I want to capture the 3 letters in front of mio please ?'
EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20 MIO
AUD/JPY SHORT AUD 1 MIO
USD/JPY SHORT USD 1 MIO
In this case, it should be 20, 1, 1 in each each.
Thanks
Elton

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=MID(A2,FIND("/",A2)+1,3)
--
David Biddulph

"Elton Law" wrote in message
Dear Expert,

Want to extract 3 letters after /, in this case, the answer should be JPY.

EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20 MIO
AUD/JPY SHORT AUD 1 MIO
USD/JPY SHORT USD 1 MIO
Can ?
Thanks
Elton

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're Welcome!

"Elton Law" wrote:

tks all ... all are super stars !

"Teethless mama" wrote:

Your formula returns incorrect value with this example

EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20000 MIO

=MID(A1,FIND("MIO",A1)-3,3)

"Glenn" wrote:

=MID(A1,FIND("MIO",A1)-3,3)

Elton Law wrote:
Hi David,
If this time, I want to capture the 3 letters in front of mio please ?'
EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20 MIO
AUD/JPY SHORT AUD 1 MIO
USD/JPY SHORT USD 1 MIO
In this case, it should be 20, 1, 1 in each each.
Thanks
Elton

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=MID(A2,FIND("/",A2)+1,3)
--
David Biddulph

"Elton Law" wrote in message
Dear Expert,

Want to extract 3 letters after /, in this case, the answer should be JPY.

EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20 MIO
AUD/JPY SHORT AUD 1 MIO
USD/JPY SHORT USD 1 MIO
Can ?
Thanks
Elton

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It doesn't "capture the 3 letters in front of mio"?

(Where I took "letters" to mean "characters")

Teethless mama wrote:
Your formula returns incorrect value with this example

EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20000 MIO

=MID(A1,FIND("MIO",A1)-3,3)

"Glenn" wrote:

=MID(A1,FIND("MIO",A1)-3,3)

Elton Law wrote:
Hi David,
If this time, I want to capture the 3 letters in front of mio please ?'
EUR/JPY SHORT EUR 20 MIO
AUD/JPY SHORT AUD 1 MIO
USD/JPY SHORT USD 1 MIO
In this case, it should be 20, 1, 1 in each each.
Thanks
Elton

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=MID(A2,FIND("/",A2)+1,3)