-   -   IF value in Y cell = X color Z cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/228859-if-value-y-cell-%3D-x-color-z-cell.html)

Neall

IF value in Y cell = X color Z cell

I have 2 different products with 2 different licensing methods
in my final tally sheet I want an statement to help me do this

If part number in C3 = Y,X,Z and quantity in Cell C2 is 400 turn Cell C2
RED, If part number in C3 = A,B,C and quantity in Cell C2 is 224 turn Cell
C2 Red

Can anyone help me with that syntax?

Thanks in advance

--
Neall

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

IF value in Y cell = X color Z cell

I will assume that "If part number in C3 = Y,X,Z" means "If C3 is any one of
X, Y or Z"
You need to select the C2 cell and use Format | Conditional Formatting
You could use two conditions. The first would use the formula
=AND(OR(C3="Y",C3="X",C3="Z"),C2400)
The second
=AND(OR(C3="A",C3="B",C3="C"),C2224)
Since you want the same colour in either case you could combine the formulas
but I do not recommend it.
=OR(AND(OR(C3="Y",C3="X",C3="Z"),C2400),
AND(OR(C3="A",C3="B",C3="C"),C2224))
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme