-   -   set a yearly alert for information in cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/22861-set-yearly-alert-information-cells.html)

Tam

set a yearly alert for information in cells

Help! I need to set up some sort of an alert for a yearly update. How do I
accomplish this in an excel spreadsheet??
Thanks

JulieD

Hi Tam

depends on what you want ... if you have
..........A...............B.............
1......Item..........Update Date

and you want the relevant update date to turn red when it is more than a
year ago ... then
select from B2 to the end of the column of data and then scroll so that row
2 is at the top of the screen (first line you can see)
choose
format / conditional formatting
choose
formula is
type
=$B2<=today()-365
click the format button, set the background colour (under the patterns tab)
to whatever you want (etc)
click OK twice

--
Cheers