-   -   Unprotect 2003 excel files when opening in Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/228283-unprotect-2003-excel-files-when-opening-excel-2007-a.html)

Mayumdwl

Unprotect 2003 excel files when opening in Excel 2007

I opened an Excel file created in Excel 2003 version in Excel 2007 the cells
were protected and asking for a password to change, which I never locked with
a password. can some one guide me how to modify the sheet.

PJFry

Unprotect 2003 excel files when opening in Excel 2007

On the ribbon, go to Review and then Unprotect Sheet.

Here is a great resource for using commands from a 2003 template and the
corresponding 2007 template for Excel.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...491511033.aspx

PJ