-   -   how we find specific word from string in excel and compaire it. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/228080-how-we-find-specific-word-string-excel-compaire.html)

Vishnu

how we find specific word from string in excel and compaire it.

i have three fields like
Date description amount
1/2/9 Mobile bill 45
25/2/9 Lycatel (mobile) 5
27/2//9 Shopping (cloths) 50
28/2/9 Mobile service 15

I need sum of all amount which description "mobile",

JBeaucaire[_90_]

how we find specific word from string in excel and compaire it.

With those three columns of data in A, B and C, try:

=SUMIF(B1:B4,"*mobile*",C1:C4)

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Vishnu" wrote:

i have three fields like
Date description amount
1/2/9 Mobile bill 45
25/2/9 Lycatel (mobile) 5
27/2//9 Shopping (cloths) 50
28/2/9 Mobile service 15

I need sum of all amount which description "mobile",

Jacob Skaria

how we find specific word from string in excel and compaire it.

=SUMIF(B:B,"*mobile*",C:C)
--
If this post helps click Yes

"Vishnu" wrote: