-   -   how do I substitute precedants in long excel formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/227985-how-do-i-substitute-precedants-long-excel-formulas.html)

ognavtra

how do I substitute precedants in long excel formulas

i have generated long formulas (eg the sum of all variables in one column
multiplied by the variables in another column). is there a way to 'find &
replace' one set of precedants with another for a different column without
having to manually change all the precedant references one by one?

Gary''s Student

how do I substitute precedants in long excel formulas

See SUMPRODUCT in Excel Help

Using it will minimize the effort to do the edits.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200846