Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting Unorganized Data Into Different Spreadsheets

I'm attempting to take some very unorganized data and extract it into data
that I can use in 3 different spreadsheets, all at once.

This is for payroll purposes, so I'm really wanting it to extract the names
by category, but when I copy and paste the info into Excel it isn't broken
into columns at all.

For example, Column G1 will have a list of data that would look something
like this:

Group of People #1
Name 1
Name 2
Name 3
Name 4
Group of People #2
Name 5
Name 6
Name 7
Name 8
Group of People #3
Name 9
Name 10
Name 11
Name 12

But Columns A-F MIGHT have groups that I need as well. It all depends on how
many people are scheduled for that day. It also might not always be under
column G.

Is there a way to create a dynamic filter that will extract all of the NAMES
of just the people listed in Group of People #2? It will not always be the
same number of people... So I guess I want it to filter and organize all of
the names starting at Group of People #2 and ending at the beginning of Group
of People #3.

So the Filter would pull just "Group #2" and anyone listed under that Group?

The "Groups of People" will always come in the same order, if that helps.

Ultimately, here's what I want to have happen.

1. User will copy and paste the table from the internet into my excel sheet.
2. They will run my macro
3. The names will be organized by group on 3 different spreadsheets that all
perform different functions.

Thanks.