-   -   Today() function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/227895-today-function.html)

Steve

Today() function

I hope you guys can help me. I have used the Today() function many times, but
now, I am at a new company and the Today() function only displays ######
The fx screen shows the function als "Volatile" and will also not display
the proper current date.... is there a setting I am missing? What is going on
here?

Gary''s Student

Today() function

=TODAY() will display #### if the column is not wide enough.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200846

"Steve" wrote:

I hope you guys can help me. I have used the Today() function many times, but
now, I am at a new company and the Today() function only displays ######
The fx screen shows the function als "Volatile" and will also not display
the proper current date.... is there a setting I am missing? What is going on
here?

Luke M

Today() function

The today() function is always volatile because it is always open to change.

Simply widen your column to make the ### disappear.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M