-   -   Logic If formula - multi-parameters can not get to work?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/227337-logic-if-formula-multi-parameters-can-not-get-work.html)

Tech Express

Logic If formula - multi-parameters can not get to work??

techexpressinc (Programmer) Apr 10, 2009
I can not get the if formula to work for checking multiple cells.

I have it working with one cell but I need it to working check two cells.

I am checking for the value less than 5 in multiple cells and if it is put a
one in the output cell for a counter.

It works for one cell checking.
=IF(AC2<6,1,0) This works.

Below this does not work:
I need to check multiple cells thou I tried below and it fails??
=IF(((AC2<6) or (AD2<6)),1,0)

Any good ideas on how to adjust it?
Thanks Russ at Scaninc.org

--

Fred Smith[_5_]

Logic If formula - multi-parameters can not get to work??

Any good ideas on how to adjust it?
Yes, read up on the OR function.

Try this:
=IF(or(AC2<6,AD2<6),1,0)

Regards,
Fred

"Tech Express" wrote in message
techexpressinc (Programmer) Apr 10, 2009
I can not get the if formula to work for checking multiple cells.

I have it working with one cell but I need it to working check two cells.

I am checking for the value less than 5 in multiple cells and if it is put
one in the output cell for a counter.

It works for one cell checking.
=IF(AC2<6,1,0) This works.

Below this does not work:
I need to check multiple cells thou I tried below and it fails??
=IF(((AC2<6) or (AD2<6)),1,0)

Any good ideas on how to adjust it?
Thanks Russ at Scaninc.org

--

Gary''s Student

Logic If formula - multi-parameters can not get to work??

You need to use OR as a function:

=IF(OR((AC2<6), (AD2<6)),1,0)

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200845

"Tech Express" wrote:

techexpressinc (Programmer) Apr 10, 2009
I can not get the if formula to work for checking multiple cells.

I have it working with one cell but I need it to working check two cells.

I am checking for the value less than 5 in multiple cells and if it is put a
one in the output cell for a counter.

It works for one cell checking.
=IF(AC2<6,1,0) This works.

Below this does not work:
I need to check multiple cells thou I tried below and it fails??
=IF(((AC2<6) or (AD2<6)),1,0)

Any good ideas on how to adjust it?
Thanks Russ at Scaninc.org

--

Tech Express

Logic If formula - multi-parameters can not get to work??

It Work! Thanks.