-   -   Countifs of prior years monthly data based on MTD today (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/227239-countifs-prior-years-monthly-data-based-mtd-today.html)

Joe R @ AA

Countifs of prior years monthly data based on MTD today

How can I get a formula to calculate prior years data for a month to date,
month against month comparison with the current year?

I'm using the COUNTIFS function and the date data is entered in the table as
general data in a 01/01/2009 format. The table is sorted on the date data.

PJFry

Countifs of prior years monthly data based on MTD today

Are you wanting to compare, say, 1/15/2008 MTD to 1/15/2009 MTD?

PJ

"Joe R @ AA" wrote:

How can I get a formula to calculate prior years data for a month to date,
month against month comparison with the current year?

I'm using the COUNTIFS function and the date data is entered in the table as
general data in a 01/01/2009 format. The table is sorted on the date data.

Joe R @ AA[_2_]

Countifs of prior years monthly data based on MTD today

Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to do

"Joe R @ AA" wrote:

How can I get a formula to calculate prior years data for a month to date,
month against month comparison with the current year?

I'm using the COUNTIFS function and the date data is entered in the table as
general data in a 01/01/2009 format. The table is sorted on the date data.

Joe R @ AA[_2_]

Countifs of prior years monthly data based on MTD today

Can you help?