-   -   cell content - data entry order by enduser (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/227122-cell-content-data-entry-order-enduser.html)

Tammy

cell content - data entry order by enduser

I locked and validated cells in a .xls worksheet for endusers to complete
[credit card application] As i tab through the form to add data....the cells
selected don't go in a chronological order.
Can someone assist in how I fix this issue within Excel.
much appreciated
Tammy

Luke M

cell content - data entry order by enduser

The tabbing in a protected sheet follows standard XL rules. Left to right,
then top to bottom.

Perhaps you need to rearrange the layout of your form?
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Tammy" wrote:

I locked and validated cells in a .xls worksheet for endusers to complete
[credit card application] As i tab through the form to add data....the cells
selected don't go in a chronological order.
Can someone assist in how I fix this issue within Excel.
much appreciated
Tammy

Gord Dibben

cell content - data entry order by enduser

You could use a named range which you would design in the order you want to
move.

See Bob Phillips' site for more.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP