-   -   Weekending Function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/226911-weekending-function.html)

Tracey

Weekending Function

Hello

I have a worksheet with 15000 lines and we have a date field. I now need to
work out the weekending date (Fridays)

so if the date is 07 Apr 09 the weekending date should read 10 Apr 09

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Tracey

Weekending Function

I've tried the following formula

=7-WEEKDAY(A1)+A1

but it also returns the time 01/01/09 00:00:00

how do I get it to return just the DATE and not the time as I need to pivot
on this set of data?

Many thanks

"Tracey" wrote:

Hello

I have a worksheet with 15000 lines and we have a date field. I now need to
work out the weekending date (Fridays)

so if the date is 07 Apr 09 the weekending date should read 10 Apr 09

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]

Weekending Function

It looks as if you have got just the date, as the time is showing as zero.
Just choose an appropriate format for the cell.

If A1 is non-integer you could change =7-WEEKDAY(A1)+A1 to
=7-WEEKDAY(A1)+INT(A1) or =INT(7-WEEKDAY(A1)+A1)
--
David Biddulph

"Tracey" wrote:

Hello

I have a worksheet with 15000 lines and we have a date field. I now need
work out the weekending date (Fridays)

so if the date is 07 Apr 09 the weekending date should read 10 Apr 09

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Mike H

Weekending Function

Hi,

Try

=A1-WEEKDAY(A1+1)+7

If it returns the time then change the format to date

Mike

"Tracey" wrote:

Hello

I have a worksheet with 15000 lines and we have a date field. I now need to
work out the weekending date (Fridays)

so if the date is 07 Apr 09 the weekending date should read 10 Apr 09

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Stefi

Weekending Function

=A1+(5-WEEKDAY(A1,2))
and format the result cell like "dd mm yy"

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Tracey€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

"Tracey" wrote:

Hello

I have a worksheet with 15000 lines and we have a date field. I now need to
work out the weekending date (Fridays)

so if the date is 07 Apr 09 the weekending date should read 10 Apr 09

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Tracey

Weekending Function

Thank you!

That is exactly what was needed! Greatly Appreciated!