-   -   Creating an active timeline of data from cell input (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/226774-creating-active-timeline-data-cell-input.html)

kcip

Creating an active timeline of data from cell input

Not sure if this is possible.

I am attempting to create a timeline from data gathered in cells that are
input manually and from dropdown menus.

I'll try to explain:

Project activity timeline

Data input A: manually insert today's date
Data input B: from dropdown menu, select type of activity (phone call,
email, meeting, etc)
Data input C: from dropdown menu, select activity subject (Request for
info, project scope change, schedule change, etc)

From this data, where I assume each of the dropdown items has an identifier,
or something, for the formula, I need a "running graph/timeline" that tracks
the project activity from start to finish.

Is there a way?

I'm using Excel 2003

Thank you.
cell C: