-   -   Macro warning - how to delete macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/226242-macro-warning-how-delete-macro.html)

GavinS

Macro warning - how to delete macro

When I open a workbook I receive the macro security warning dialog
box. I would like to delete any macros in this file but cannot find
them.

I have looked in the VBA code editor, there are no named ranges, when
I go to Tools\Macros\Macros there are none listed in the workbook,
there are no hidden sheets, there are no external links.

Where is that pesky macro?

Jacob Skaria

Macro warning - how to delete macro

Right click sheet tabs and View Code and check 'This workbook' in VBE
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"GavinS" wrote:

When I open a workbook I receive the macro security warning dialog
box. I would like to delete any macros in this file but cannot find
them.

I have looked in the VBA code editor, there are no named ranges, when
I go to Tools\Macros\Macros there are none listed in the workbook,
there are no hidden sheets, there are no external links.

Where is that pesky macro?

Jacob Skaria

Macro warning - how to delete macro

Also check Add-In Manager...
If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"GavinS" wrote:

When I open a workbook I receive the macro security warning dialog
box. I would like to delete any macros in this file but cannot find
them.

I have looked in the VBA code editor, there are no named ranges, when
I go to Tools\Macros\Macros there are none listed in the workbook,
there are no hidden sheets, there are no external links.

Where is that pesky macro?

Dave Peterson

Macro warning - how to delete macro

Debra Dalgleish shares how to remove the remnants of macros:
http://contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros