-   -   sumif (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/226125-sumif.html)

Graham

sumif

I want to add specific values in colunm A that meet a criteria in colunm B
A B
10 wss
20 bll
30 wss
40 wss
50 rrr
I want to create a rule to add A that =wss in B

Thanx

Domenic[_2_]

sumif

Try SUMIF...

=SUMIF(B2:B6,"wss",A2:A6)

Adjust the ranges, accordingly.

Hope this helps!

http://www.xl-central.com

In article ,
Graham wrote:

I want to add specific values in colunm A that meet a criteria in colunm B
A B
10 wss
20 bll
30 wss
40 wss
50 rrr
I want to create a rule to add A that =wss in B

Thanx

Max

sumif

In C1: =SUMIF(B1:B5,"wss",A1:A5)
--
Max
Singapore
"Graham" wrote:
I want to add specific values in colunm A that meet a criteria in colunm B
A B
10 wss
20 bll
30 wss
40 wss
50 rrr
I want to create a rule to add A that =wss in B

Thanx

Francis

sumif

try
=SUMPRODUCT((B2:B6="wss")*(A2:A6))

--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another