Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default error - unreadable content in pivot table file - how do I find it

I have a large file with 15 pivots. when I open it I get the following error
"Excel found unreadable content in <filename. Do you want to recover the
contents of your workbook?" I click "yes" and the file opens with an error
box "repaired records: Pivottable report from /xl/pivottable/pivottable2.xml
(pivottable view)"

How do I find these errors in the workbook and correct them?

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sounds like the file got corrupted. I'd make a backup, or several, ASAP.
Get a working copy and save that in a few different places.

As for finding the error, not sure. You could open a fresh copy of Excel,
then File Open click on the down arrow ...few options there. Open and
repair? Open as Copy? Open read-Only? Heck, try them all!!

Good luck,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---