-   -   change link path when open destination file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/226006-change-link-path-when-open-destination-file.html)

AskExcel

change link path when open destination file

Hi,
the destination file is used by different party. we email each other the
destination file to update data where each party has its own source file.

my source files are at 'z:\shared\excel' but when i open the destination
file, the path is defaulted to 'c:\calc\checking\data'. there are many cells
with link to source files. i have worksheet link to several sources file at z
drive.
may i know how to change the path to the path i want when i open the
destination file? currently i use find and replace. it is very tedious and
manual.

need advice.
thanks

ryguy7272

change link path when open destination file

I believe it would be something like this:
Dim MyPath As String
MyPath = ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\" & ActiveWorkbook.Name
ActiveCell.Value = MyPath

See here for details:
http://www.excelforum.com/excel-prog...book-path.html

Good luck,