-   -   Convert hours and minutes in time format into fractions of hours.. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/22536-convert-hours-minutes-time-format-into-fractions-hours.html)

Akern

Convert hours and minutes in time format into fractions of hours..

I have created an electronic time sheet in Excel. I am trying to find out if
I can convert hours and minutes in time format into fractions of hours in
numerical format. Any ideas? Thanks!

Mexage

Let me see if I understood:

You have a cell with 1:30 PM, and you want to convert it to 1 1/2 ?

"Akern" wrote:

I have created an electronic time sheet in Excel. I am trying to find out if
I can convert hours and minutes in time format into fractions of hours in
numerical format. Any ideas? Thanks!

Akern

No. I have a cell with 7.30 in it, representing the difference between 4
times, morning in, lunch out, lunch in, evening out... The hours worked total
7 hours and 30 minutes in the format of 7.30. I need to convert it to 7.5 for
7 and 1/2 hours...

"Akern" wrote:

I have created an electronic time sheet in Excel. I am trying to find out if
I can convert hours and minutes in time format into fractions of hours in
numerical format. Any ideas? Thanks!

Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:50:01 -0700, "Akern"
wrote:

I have created an electronic time sheet in Excel. I am trying to find out if
I can convert hours and minutes in time format into fractions of hours in
numerical format. Any ideas? Thanks!

Excel stores time as fractions of a day. So just multiply by 24 and format as
numeric (or General).

--ron

Akern

Ron! Thank you so very very much! I knew there had to be a mathematical
solution, but I didn't know how Excel was calculating the numerical value!
You are a life saver!!!

Thanks!
Amy