-   -   In Excel, how do I display a leading zero? e.g. 05 for 5 ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/224944-excel-how-do-i-display-leading-zero-e-g-05-5-a.html)

kenkirs

In Excel, how do I display a leading zero? e.g. 05 for 5 ?

Am using Excel to calculate a pace-per-mile for runners, starting with "miles
per hour". 7 mph is an eight minute and 34 second "pace per mile". I start
with 7.0 mph in the initial column, and can easily calculate the 8:34. But
6.6 mph is 9 minutes and 5 seconds per mile, which I can calculate. I have
the 9 in one column and the 5 in another, and use CONCATENATE to display it
as 9:5. But I want it to display as 9:05, not 9:5. How do I get that
leading zero in there?

Ron Coderre[_3_]

In Excel, how do I display a leading zero? e.g. 05 for 5 ?

If A1: (miles per hour.....eg 6.6)

This formula, formatted as Time (mm:ss), returns the minutes per mile:
B1: =1/(A1*24)

In the above example, B1 displays: 09:05

Is that something you can work with?

Regards,

Ron Coderre
Microsoft MVP (Excel)