-   -   how do I validate an entire colume instead of a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/224918-how-do-i-validate-entire-colume-instead-cell.html)

de_diver

how do I validate an entire colume instead of a cell

I have multiple columns of prices and I want to use one cell, the header
cell, to populate all the cells in my price sheet column once I choose the
header price I want. I have tried cell validation but that only does one
cell at a time and I want to do the whole column from one cell. Please help!

Gord Dibben

how do I validate an entire colume instead of a cell

Select A1:A100

Type a price in A1 then hit CTRL + ENTER

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP