Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need help, I need to add words to each row

Hello,

I have a worksheet that has several hundred rows and in 1 column I want to
add 2 words before the text that is already in the rows in this column.

For example,

if in column A row 1-400 I have in each row a differnt line of text i.e.

the day is long
the night is short
a dog is cool
a cat is ok

Now I want to add the 2 words "I think" in front of every row of text so it
should look like

I think the day is long
I think the night is short
I think a dog is cool
I think a cat is ok

Hope I explained it ok

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi
If you data is in column A type this in column B and drag down to 400
="I Think"&" "&A1
HTH
John
"Nobody" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a worksheet that has several hundred rows and in 1 column I want to
add 2 words before the text that is already in the rows in this column.

For example,

if in column A row 1-400 I have in each row a differnt line of text i.e.

the day is long
the night is short
a dog is cool
a cat is ok

Now I want to add the 2 words "I think" in front of every row of text so it
should look like

I think the day is long
I think the night is short
I think a dog is cool
I think a cat is ok

Hope I explained it ok

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

In cell B1, use the following formula ="I think "&A1 and copy down.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Nobody" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a worksheet that has several hundred rows and in 1 column I want
to add 2 words before the text that is already in the rows in this column.

For example,

if in column A row 1-400 I have in each row a differnt line of text i.e.

the day is long
the night is short
a dog is cool
a cat is ok

Now I want to add the 2 words "I think" in front of every row of text so
it should look like

I think the day is long
I think the night is short
I think a dog is cool
I think a cat is ok

Hope I explained it ok

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK I guess I should have been more specific, I currently have data in
columns a,b,c it is column "C" that I want to add the " I think" to every
row in column "C"

Sorry I didn't give you the exact situation

Thanks

"Nobody" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a worksheet that has several hundred rows and in 1 column I want
to add 2 words before the text that is already in the rows in this
column.

For example,

if in column A row 1-400 I have in each row a differnt line of text i.e.

the day is long
the night is short
a dog is cool
a cat is ok

Now I want to add the 2 words "I think" in front of every row of text so
it should look like

I think the day is long
I think the night is short
I think a dog is cool
I think a cat is ok

Hope I explained it ok

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you,

It worked kinda, it did insert the "I Think" in front of the text already in
the column BUT when I click on the cells instead of getting the text with
"I think" in front of it I get the below in the fx bar space. I need every
cell to have the actual text not fomulas in them
="I Think"&" "&C2
="I Think"&" "&C3
="I Think"&" "&C4
="I Think"&" "&C5

"Nobody" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a worksheet that has several hundred rows and in 1 column I
want to add 2 words before the text that is already in the rows in this
column.

For example,

if in column A row 1-400 I have in each row a differnt line of text
i.e.

the day is long
the night is short
a dog is cool
a cat is ok

Now I want to add the 2 words "I think" in front of every row of text
so it should look like

I think the day is long
I think the night is short
I think a dog is cool
I think a cat is ok

Hope I explained it ok

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Again
Once you got all the information, select all, copy, then go to Edit Paste
Special select
Values. This will replace the formula with your Text.
You can paste in the column C to replace with the new phrase. Don't forget to
save after.
HTH
John