-   -   call external function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/224385-call-external-function.html)

DavidB

call external function

How do I convert a column of IP addresses to resolved DNS names (eg using the
Windows command line function nslookup() - I wonder why this isn't a standard
Excel function, with optional parameters, such as named DNS server etc)?

Jacob Skaria

call external function

Dear David

There is no built-in function; however you can use nslookup within a macro
to get this done.

Refer http://tools-utils.com/snippets/dnsrecords.html

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

DavidB

call external function

Thanks - I suspected I might have to do this, but was having difficulty
finding any hints or tips.