-   -   Vlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/224272-vlookup.html)

Nikki

Vlookup

Can anyone help me set up the lookup to pull <0 as shows in the table below?
What I have so far is -0.01 but it's not pulling anything. Thanks for your
help.

-0.01 <0
0.00 0 - 9.9
0.10 10 -19.9
0.20 20 - 29.9
0.30 30 - 39.9
0.40 40 - 49.9
0.50 50 - 59.9
0.60 60 - 69.9
0.70 70 - 79.9
0.80 80 - 89.9
0.90 90 - 99.9
1.00 100 +

Mike H

Vlookup

Nikki,

In this context the word 'Pull' doesn't mean much to me. What are the inputs
to the formula you require and from those inputs what result do you expect?

Mike

"Nikki" wrote:

Can anyone help me set up the lookup to pull <0 as shows in the table below?
What I have so far is -0.01 but it's not pulling anything. Thanks for your
help.

-0.01 <0
0.00 0 - 9.9
0.10 10 -19.9
0.20 20 - 29.9
0.30 30 - 39.9
0.40 40 - 49.9
0.50 50 - 59.9
0.60 60 - 69.9
0.70 70 - 79.9
0.80 80 - 89.9
0.90 90 - 99.9
1.00 100 +

Nikki

Vlookup

I have -15% up to about -150% and all over 0% works. The table below is a
lookup reference of ranges. If cell a1 is -75% give me <0 - make sense?

"Nikki" wrote:

Can anyone help me set up the lookup to pull <0 as shows in the table below?
What I have so far is -0.01 but it's not pulling anything. Thanks for your
help.

-0.01 <0
0.00 0 - 9.9
0.10 10 -19.9
0.20 20 - 29.9
0.30 30 - 39.9
0.40 40 - 49.9
0.50 50 - 59.9
0.60 60 - 69.9
0.70 70 - 79.9
0.80 80 - 89.9
0.90 90 - 99.9
1.00 100 +

Mike H

Vlookup

Nikki,

Change the first line in your table to look like the one below and then use
the formula

=VLOOKUP(A1,H1:I12,2,TRUE)

-9999999999 <0
0 0 - 9.9
0.1 10 -19.9
0.2 20 - 29.9
0.3 30 - 39.9
0.4 40 - 49.9
0.5 50 - 59.9
0.6 60 - 69.9
0.7 70 - 79.9
0.8 80 - 89.9
0.9 90 - 99.9
1 100 +

Mike

"Nikki" wrote:

Can anyone help me set up the lookup to pull <0 as shows in the table below?
What I have so far is -0.01 but it's not pulling anything. Thanks for your
help.

-0.01 <0
0.00 0 - 9.9
0.10 10 -19.9
0.20 20 - 29.9
0.30 30 - 39.9
0.40 40 - 49.9
0.50 50 - 59.9
0.60 60 - 69.9
0.70 70 - 79.9
0.80 80 - 89.9
0.90 90 - 99.9
1.00 100 +

Dave P[_3_]

Vlookup

Try this;
Create a reference table in E1:F12 of the following
-100 <0
0 0 - 9.9
0.1 10 -19.9
0.2 20 - 29.9
0.3 30 - 39.9
0.4 40 - 49.9
0.5 50 - 59.9
0.6 60 - 69.9
0.7 70 - 79.9
0.8 80 - 89.9
0.9 90 - 99.9
1 100 +

In B1 enter the formula =IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,$E$1:$F$12,2,1)) copy down
as needed.
A value entered in column A should result with your appropriate range
indicator in column B.
Best wishes.

Dave

"Nikki" wrote:

Can anyone help me set up the lookup to pull <0 as shows in the table
below?
What I have so far is -0.01 but it's not pulling anything. Thanks for
your
help.

-0.01 <0
0.00 0 - 9.9
0.10 10 -19.9
0.20 20 - 29.9
0.30 30 - 39.9
0.40 40 - 49.9
0.50 50 - 59.9
0.60 60 - 69.9
0.70 70 - 79.9
0.80 80 - 89.9
0.90 90 - 99.9
1.00 100 +

Mike H

Vlookup

It may have been obvious but my table was in H1 - I12

Mike