-   -   Remove an extra space after a number. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/223825-remove-extra-space-after-number.html)

Hummingbird

Remove an extra space after a number.

I have a column of numbers. Each number has an extra space after the number.
Instead of 102.
It's 102 .

I tried using the =trim(cellRef) and then copying the values of that column
over to another column, but it kept the space after the nubmer.

I also tried a find and replace for just the space, but the new excel
wouldn't let me do that.

Help.

T. Valko

Remove an extra space after a number.

the new excel wouldn't let me do that.

"New" Excel means Excel 2007?

Sometimes this works:

Select the range in question
Goto Data tabData Tools groupText to Columns
Just click Finish

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Hummingbird" wrote in message
I have a column of numbers. Each number has an extra space after the
number.
Instead of 102.
It's 102 .

I tried using the =trim(cellRef) and then copying the values of that
column
over to another column, but it kept the space after the nubmer.

I also tried a find and replace for just the space, but the new excel
wouldn't let me do that.

Help.

Ron Rosenfeld

Remove an extra space after a number.

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:46:20 -0700, Hummingbird
wrote:

I have a column of numbers. Each number has an extra space after the number.
Instead of 102.
It's 102 .

I tried using the =trim(cellRef) and then copying the values of that column
over to another column, but it kept the space after the nubmer.

I also tried a find and replace for just the space, but the new excel
wouldn't let me do that.

Help.

Did you get the numbers from an html document (web page)?

Try =substitute(cell_ref,char(160),"")

--ron

Rick Rothstein

Remove an extra space after a number.

I'm guessing that "dot" that is at the end of your two sample lines is in
the cell. If so, select the column with those "extra space" entries, click
Edit/Replace from Excel's menu bar, put " ." (without the quote marks; that
is, type space and dot) in the "Find what" field and put "." (again, without
the quote marks; that is, just put a dot) in the "Replace with" field, then
click the "Replace All" button.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)