-   -   NETWORKDAYS (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/223824-networkdays.html)

Steve 51

NETWORKDAYS

I am using the NETWORKDAYS function to generate statistics for a report. The
problem I am having is that I have a requirement to turn around an activity
within one day from receipt of certain information - for example, if I
receive the information on Monday, I must turn around the response by
Tuesday. However, the function would calculate that as 2 net work days. If I
turn it around the same day, it calculates 1 net work day, even though my
statistic considers that less than one day.

Is there anyway to modify the functions so that same day activity = 0 net
work days, next day activity = 1 net work day, etc?

Shane Devenshire

NETWORKDAYS

Hi,

Just subtract 1 from the result.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Steve 51" wrote:

I am using the NETWORKDAYS function to generate statistics for a report. The
problem I am having is that I have a requirement to turn around an activity
within one day from receipt of certain information - for example, if I
receive the information on Monday, I must turn around the response by
Tuesday. However, the function would calculate that as 2 net work days. If I
turn it around the same day, it calculates 1 net work day, even though my
statistic considers that less than one day.

Is there anyway to modify the functions so that same day activity = 0 net
work days, next day activity = 1 net work day, etc?

Elkar

NETWORKDAYS

What if you just subtract 1 from your formula:

=NETWORKDAYS(Start,End)-1

Or, another option would be to use the holidays portion of the function to
exclude the start date:

=NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1,A1)

Where A1 is your Start Date and B1 is your End Date. Thus, by considering
the Start Date a holiday, it won't be counted.

HTH
Elkar

"Steve 51" wrote:

I am using the NETWORKDAYS function to generate statistics for a report. The
problem I am having is that I have a requirement to turn around an activity
within one day from receipt of certain information - for example, if I
receive the information on Monday, I must turn around the response by
Tuesday. However, the function would calculate that as 2 net work days. If I
turn it around the same day, it calculates 1 net work day, even though my
statistic considers that less than one day.

Is there anyway to modify the functions so that same day activity = 0 net
work days, next day activity = 1 net work day, etc?

T. Valko

NETWORKDAYS

Maybe this:

=IF(NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1)<=2,NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1)-1,NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1))

Or this:

=NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1)-(NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1)<=2)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP