-   -   check if 2 cells are equal but only if they contain numbers not i. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/22381-check-if-2-cells-equal-but-only-if-they-contain-numbers-not-i.html)

Peter Boardman

check if 2 cells are equal but only if they contain numbers not i.

I want to check if 2 cells are equal but only if they contain numbers nit if
they're empty. At present with the IF function it returns TRUE when the cells
are empty and I want it ti retorn FALSE if the cells are empty

doco

=IF(ISBLANK(someCell),"TRUE")

If the cell is empty "TRUE", else "FALSE"

hth

"Peter Boardman" <Peter wrote in message
I want to check if 2 cells are equal but only if they contain numbers nit
if
they're empty. At present with the IF function it returns TRUE when the
cells
are empty and I want it ti retorn FALSE if the cells are empty

Peo Sjoblom

One way

=AND(A1<"",A1=B1)

Peo Sjoblom

"Peter Boardman" <Peter wrote in message
I want to check if 2 cells are equal but only if they contain numbers nit
if
they're empty. At present with the IF function it returns TRUE when the
cells
are empty and I want it ti retorn FALSE if the cells are empty

Ragdyer

Try this:

=AND(A1=A2,A1<0)
--
HTH,

RD

"Peter Boardman" <Peter wrote in message
I want to check if 2 cells are equal but only if they contain numbers nit

if
they're empty. At present with the IF function it returns TRUE when the

cells
are empty and I want it ti retorn FALSE if the cells are empty

Bob Phillips

=AND(A1<"",B1<"",A1=B1)

--

HTH