-   -   Sumproduct or Countif - Counting Occurances within a Date Range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/223687-sumproduct-countif-counting-occurances-within-date-range.html)

J_L_G

Sumproduct or Countif - Counting Occurances within a Date Range

I have a spreadsheet that looks a little like this:

A B C
1 LA 24974 October-08
2 LM 24977 October-08
3 LM 24977 November-08
4 LM 24978 November-08

Colum C is a DATE, which is formatted to "mmmm-yy"

I need to count the number of occurances of each of the values in Colum A,
per month.

The resutls would look like this:

OCTOBER NOVEMBER
LA 1 0
LM 1 2

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Sumproduct or Countif - Counting Occurances within a Date Range

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10=Sheet2!$A2),--(TEXT(Sheet!$B$1:$B$10,"mmmm")=Sheet2!B$1))

copy down and across.

--
HTH

Bob