-   -   What formula is used to add or subtract minutes from a time in a . (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/22344-what-formula-used-add-subtract-minutes-time.html)

Lucky Phil

What formula is used to add or subtract minutes from a time in a .

I am trying to develop a bus timetable in a spreadsheet. I have the section
times for each section and wish to add minutes to the start time. i.e. 7.00am
leave stop 1 plus 6 minutes = stop 2 time. Stop 2 plus 14 minutes = stop 3
time.

Is there a formula that does this and show result as hh:mm?

JE McGimpsey

One way:

A1: 7:00
A2: =A1+TIME(0,6,0)

Format A2 as a time, if necessary.

Another (since XL stores times as fractional days, so 1 minute =
1/(24*60) = 1/1440):

A2: =A1 + 6/1440

And another:

A2: =A1+"0:06"