-   -   how do I delete a new window in excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/223283-how-do-i-delete-new-window-excel.html)

alantats

how do I delete a new window in excel?

I am in a workbook with several sheets. While working on one sheet I selected
'new window'. I would like to delete this extra window, how?

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

how do I delete a new window in excel?

You do not 'delete', you just 'close' as if you were closing a workbook
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"alantats" wrote in message
I am in a workbook with several sheets. While working on one sheet I
selected
'new window'. I would like to delete this extra window, how?

Dave Peterson

how do I delete a new window in excel?

Select the window you want to close and hit ctrl-w

Watch the title bar. You'll see the active window name:

book1.xls:5
book1.xls:4
book1.xls:3
book1.xls:2