Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Lookup and return range of values

I have Sheet1 laid out as follows:

Month CatA CatD CatJ
Month 1 10 50 10
Month 2 5 10 5
Month 3 5 10 10

I need to divide data into 1 sheet per Category (Cat) data i.e.

Month CatA
Month 1 10
Month 2 5
Month 3 5

Huge sheet, many categories, finding HLOOKUP ("CatA", Sheet1!RefTable, x)
very cumbersome. There must be a simpler way...