-   -   Why are my functions not executing? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/222970-why-my-functions-not-executing.html)

Charlie

Why are my functions not executing?

I spent all this time building a workbook, and now when I enter new data,
none of the calculations happen. If I click on the individual cell with the
function in it and then hit enter, then it works. What's going on?

Elkar

Why are my functions not executing?

Make sure Calculations are set to Automatic.

In Excel 2003:
Goto TOOLS--OPTIONS--CALCULATIONS--Check "Automatic"

In Excel 2007:
Goto the Formulas Tab, then click on the Calculation Options button. Check
Automatic.

HTH
Elkar