Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Delete duplicate cell

I have a large spreadsheet that I need to clean up. My data is kept by row,
so some rows have the same information in two adjacent cells. An example is
below in rows 2 through 5.

1 DB A HF SR SCR PI
2 SAW DB SR DR DB DB
3 SAW DB SR DR DB DB
4 SAW DB SR DR DB DB
5 SAW DB SR DR DB DB

Is there a function that can automatically delete the 2nd duplicate cell
contents? I can delete them manually one at a time, but I'd like
to be able to clean up the entire sheet at once.